Richardsville Volunteer Fire Department & Rescue Squad (RVFDRS) was established in June 1970. The impetus for starting a fire department in Richardsville was a tragic house fire on Halls Road that cost the family their lives. At that time, the closest fire departments were Culpeper (Co. 1) and Brandy Station (Co. 2). Through the dedication of community members, especially the women and the "Junior Money Makers," funds were raised by holding dances, turkey shoots and bake sales to get the start up money. The Company was donated a 1949 Mack Truck from Kent County Maryland, and a year later Kent County also donated a 1968 Cadillac Ambulance to our department. Brandy Station Officers helped out with our founding documents and donated fire hose and fittings. Today, we are very proud of our 54 member roster, our arsenal of apparatus and equipment, and the fact that we provide the only Water Rescue Team in Culpeper County. We respond to approximately 350 calls per year and exist solely to take care of the members of the communities we serve.